We're looking for a...
Senior Front-End Engineer
As a senior engineering voice in a tight-knit startup experiencing explosive growth, you will be working on infrastructure on our consumer healthcare apps Pilot and Kin.
Why join Eucalyptus?
- Get in at the ground floor (while we are <15 people)
- Challenge yourself by working in uncharted territory in consumer tech and telehealth
- Thousands of actual users (and hundreds of 5 star reviews) on our products means you are making a real and measurable impact (in some cases, life-changing – not joking – check out the Pilot and Kin reviews)
- Learn from some of the best marketers, engineers, creatives and entrepreneurs. We do everything from creating ads, to buying media, to testing ideas in-house, so you will be exposed to disciplines you didn't know existed.
- Our hiring bar is extremely high, and you'll join a diverse team coming from Koala, Canva, Atlassian, Buzzfeed, Optiver, McKinsey and more
- Central Sydney-CBD office with a buzzing energy
- Competitive salary with equity (stock options)
As a senior front-end developer at Eucalyptus you should:
- Be a key architectural voice in designing and building a scalable frontend for our multi-brand platform.
- Balance rapid iteration speed with the overall stability, security and modularity of our system.
- Work closely with marketing, content, design and operations to develop the best telehealth experience from wireframes through to design systems to pixel-pushing
- Contribute to championing development processes, guidelines and engineering practices for the team. (e.g. Pair Programming, Code Reviews)
We combine a frontend framework (Nuxt.js, Vue & TypeScript) and backend (GraphQL & Node/TypeScript) to build a frictionless experience for both customers and other users (including doctors and customer-support staff).
Backed by Blackbird Ventures in early 2019, we launched Pilot and Kin in our first year. They are two rapidly-growing healthcare apps that offer online consults with Australian GPs via a text / chat platform. We also have built a pharmacy distribution system from which our users can ship medication and other products.
There are grand plans for our next product offerings for Pilot and Kin, as well as further healthcare brands in the works.
Check our Pilot and Kin
- Experience with reactive JS frameworks like Vue.js or React.js BONUS experience with Nuxt.js
- Extremely good at CSS (and experience with style sheet languages like .scss and packaging tools)
- Understanding of design systems, no-code CMS tools like Webflow
- Ability to assist in wireframing stage with various tools and working with designers to producing assets efficiently
- Experience with building reusable components across multiple applications and code bases
- Experience with Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Integration BONUS experience DevOps in distributed systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills